Beautiful Fall Wedding at Azuridge
We just love beautiful weddings at Azuridge! When summer weddings make way for fall, our hearts start to warm. When Pam, Ryan, and I met for coffee last year I was immediately smitten! They told me about how they have been together for 10 years and all about their love of travel and the outdoors. The entire time they spoke about each other, they sat so closely together and giggled, looking at each other the entire time. They’ve been on an incredible journey together and it was so amazing to capture their engagement session and the excitement of their wedding day as they start this new chapter!
From the Bride:
Ryan and I met 10 years ago at a “Name that Tune” pub night with our respective friends!
Ryan proposed to Pam at the gate of Edinburgh Castle in Scotland. It was nighttime, and the castle was completely deserted and beautifully lit. Ryan suggested they take a walk. He led her to the gate, took her hands in his, got down on one knee, and asked her to do him the honour of spending her life with him.
Our colours just followed a soft, vintage palette, and we didn’t really have a theme. We made or chose elements based on what we felt represented us as a couple, so maybe in a way the theme was us!
Your top 3 best moments and why:
- The first look. It was a private and exciting moment for both of us!
- Dancing into the wedding reception with our bridal party!
- Wedding party photos with the dinosaur at Azuridge!
Wedding song, explain choice for song:
I Found You by Alabama Shakes. We’ve loved their music for years, and the song is really representative of our relationship. It’s real and fun and just felt like a natural choice for us!
Your top 3 favourite wedding details (cake, flowers, dress, band, etc.) and why:
- Guitarist – Having the guitarist play for our outdoor ceremony was more beautiful and romantic than we could have imagined.
- Lion Dancers – They were a surprise planned for our guests! Azuridge had never had lion dancers out there before, and they were so enthusiastic about it! It was a great way to bring two cultures together.
- Venue – We fell in love with Azuridge on our very first visit out there. In the years leading up to our wedding, we got to know the staff and introduced our family and friends to this hidden gem.
Photography: Nicole Sarah Photography
Ceremony location, Reception, Catering:
Azuridge Estate Hotel, Priddis, Alberta
Designer: Essence of Australia
Boutique: Novia Mia Bridal
Bridal party attire:
Groomsmen – Ed Williams Mens Wear
Groom’s Kilt Designer: Slanj Kilts, Edinburgh, Scotland
Cake: Swirl Cakes and Cupcakes
Favours: Epiphanie Chocolates
Day-of Coordinators: Cathy MacRae – Creative Weddings Planning & Decor
Music/DJ: Fayyaz K. Pez Productions
Hair: Diane L. from Aria Salon & Spa
Make-up: Carrie from Beautiful Calgary Bride
Flowers: Stacey W. with Creative Edge Flowers
Stationery: The Social Page